Monday, February 11, 2008

Day 20 – Crossing the Atlantic

February 11th, 2008

We have a Global Studies exam tomorrow morning, so I spent a majority of the day today studying. ALSO, I don't have any midterms or final exams except in Global studies. So I'll have a few days before Costa Rica until we dock in Miami off. Awesome. I don't think that I've ever had less than 3 final exams. All of which were hard.

I've been following Obama as much as I can, so it's good to see him on the rise! I'm very excited about that. We get a text version of cnn.com for free so we can try to keep up with the news. However, even the “free sites” they give us don't always work. Basically, the system for Internet really sucks around here.

The typical dress code is shorts and a sweatshirt or t-shirt depending on if you're inside or outside. It's cold inside so most people wear a sweatshirt or long sleeves but It's a nice upper 80's to 90's outside.

I'm a TA for my Multimedia Storytelling class. There are three of us, but the other two know a lot about cameras while I know the most about computers. We get 15% extra credit for being a TA in the class, which is pretty awesome as well.

1 comment:

janetchapman said...

Hi Joe, What a great surprise to see this update today. I was talking to a new friend of mine and she told me that her husband leave for a 2 week trip to South Africe..CAPETOWN...on Sunday. He is on an agriculture project for Schwans!! Maybe you can meet for dinner! Small world huh? I am glad that people are singing all the time...it probaly makes you think of me? And I know how muc you love my singing!!!
We are loving following your trip and I hope you are enjoying the 80 cards and letters from your family and friends! God BLess and stay Safe. I am praying for you everyday! Love, Mom!