February 10th, 2008
Today was another back to class day. It did not feel like a Sunday at all, more like a Monday. Nothing about it was Sunday-ish. We lost another hour last night, that puts us 4 hours ahead of back home, CST. We'll lose another 3 (I think) before we get to Cape Town.
I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, but Brazil was HOT. I have no idea the exact temperature but I wouldn't doubt if it was hotter than 100 degrees. If I were to go back to Brazil I would definitely want to go to the Amazon, Rio de Janeiro, and Iguasu Falls. There's a ton to do in Brazil, and we only really saw one portion of Salvador so going back on my own would definitely be sweet.
The Akon song that I couldn't think of before (I might have even said Sean Paul) is the “Nobody wants to see us together” one. The only American song I heard the entire time. I think it's still in some of the ship's crew head because I heard one of them singing it this morning. Then again, they're always singing. The crew is awesome by the way, but I think I already mentioned that.
Just talking with some people from other schools, there are actually quite a few other people in my situation, doing their last semester in college on this trip. Other people already graduated and don't need any of these credits. Then there are others who are doing this regularly but only getting like half of their credits to transfer. I really don't think I would take this trip if only half, or less, of my classes transferred or counted toward my degree. Especially for how much it costs!
Monday, February 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment