Monday, March 10th, 2008
We lost half an hour last night. Why is India a half an hour different than everyone else? I have no idea, and nobody seems to have a good answer for it either. Yesterday was also the Mr. Semester at Sea competition where 8 guys went up in the Union and went through a bunch of categories similar to a beauty pageant for a girl. We watched it for a while, but surprisingly, it wasn't too interesting so we headed up to the 7th deck to celebrate David's birthday which was yesterday as well. The big 2-2.
As usual, we had our two pre-ports the past two days. I think that India is going to be a real culture shock. There are places in India where you can get hit by a bus and nobody will really pay attention to it. On the other hand, if a cow gets hit by a bus it's a HUGE deal.
A ton of people are going to Delhi/Agra to see the Taj Mahal. We're going to head to the airport tomorrow once the ship clears customs and try to get on a flight there, or at least book the next flight to Delhi. We're winging pretty much the entire thing. Both David and I wanted to go to Varanasi but that looks like it's going to be extremely hard to do at this point. The two
of us are going to go with Kendal and Lauren, who I was on my safari with. It's sure to be an adventure! I haven't decided whether or not I'm going to bring my laptop, but as of right now it doesn't look like it. I'll try to get some Internet to upload pictures once we're back in Chennai. Wish me luck!
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment