Thursday, February 28, 2008

Days 35, 36

Wednesday February 27, 2008

Not too much has been happening on the ship lately. We lost another hour last night, and we will lose one more before we get to Mauritius. Most likely tomorrow night. Finally, the waves have died down late this afternoon. There were pretty rough all the way from South Africa until now, which is a little over half way to Mauritius. The waves weren't as big as the ones I described before South Africa, but they were more choppy which is just as bad.

They sprang another Global Studies exam on us Friday. Nobody knew about this until a couple of days ago. It's not exactly the most organized class as you may be able to tell. I also have our first exam in Knowledge and Responsibility and my first project due in Multimedia Storytelling. Needless to say, I've been keeping busy with all of that. It's not easy to study though when the seas are high. Then when I take the sea sickness medicine they give us for free I get feeling all cruddy as well as sleepy. Most other people have the same symptoms. It'll be nice not to take anything today so I can get some good studying in.

I'm also glad that I'm taking my first and last philosophy class ever on the ship. There are no facts or numbers in philosophy. Only questions and theories. I hate that.

Our internet was at its slowest speeds after leaving South Africa, I believe it was because we were so far south in relation to the satellite that gives us internet. Speeds are back up to normal today (which still isn't blazing fast) but I haven't been able to get to Google for a couple of days now. Their filtering program, 24Online's Cyberoam sucks.

We all got to watch the Super Bowl for the first time tonight. They broadcast it in the union as well as on a channel in everyone's room. I watched the first part of the game, parts of halftime, and the last 5 minutes of the game. In between all of that I was studying for these exams. It wasn't nearly as exciting already knowing the result, but there is NO WAY that New England should have lost that game. They had every chance to end it on the Giants last drive. What a heartbreak. A lot of the commercials that I saw were pretty funny though.

No comments: