Monday, February 25th, 2008
The fog finally lifted this morning around 10am after our monthly lifeboat drill. So we left about 11 hours later than scheduled but I think our captain will make up the time by bumping up the speed a little bit. The waters are really rocky today, as expected as we rounded the corner of Good Hope into the Indian Ocean. Not too much else to report on as we get back on the ship for 5 days. I did get a small sunburn yesterday while climbing Table Mountain. We were in the hot sun at the start for about 30 minutes before making it into the much cooler shade of the mountain.
We officially booked our villa in Mauritius yesterday as well. I don't know a whole lot about it because I wasn't the one to book it but I know it's on the beach and it has 4 double beds for 8 of us to sleep on. We may let some more people stay there though just so splitting the cost would be cheaper.
I took a nice 3 hour nap today before responding to all of my emails and uploading my pictures to my computer.
Every now and then we'll hit a big wave and a sound will rock the entire ship. We joke that we just hit a whale. Hopefully the waters get smoother as we get out of this area though, it's near impossible to actually study.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment