Thursday, February 14, 2008

Day 22

February 13th, 2008

We got a nice surprise this morning at Global Studies (at 9:20am). Since so many people complained about the Internet and are (stupid) incapable of using a computer they've given us 100 more minutes for free. Basically it just comes down to people not knowing how to properly log on and off. The also don't know the tricks to maximize all that Google is possible of. Oh well, I'm not complaining. 100 more minutes costs like $50!

Today was an A class day, so I had my 3 classes back to back to back (Global Studies, Multimedia Storytelling, Knowledge and Responsibility). They all went pretty slow, I just didn't feel like being in them today for some reason.

No classes tomorrow, which is pretty awesome. It's actually Neptune Day. It's rumored that they wake us up really early, like 5am and make us do something (I have no idea what though). Also, a lot of people shave their heads – including girls. It's not mandatory or anything, but I know quite a few (at least more than I want to know) girls who are planning on shaving their heads as well. It should be interesting!

Dealing with losing an hour every other day is hard. We've lost 2 hours in the last 4 days and I'm pretty sure we lose another hour tomorrow. Right now we're 5 hours ahead of CST. Naps are pretty much absolutely necessary when losing all of this time but still being required to wake up at 9 for class, or 8:15 if you want breakfast.

There's a sign-up sheet to use all of the aerobic equipment in the “Gym” and the sheet always fills up right when they put it out there. So today since all (2) of the treadmills were full I thought I would check out the elliptical for the first time in my life. I have very mixed feelings about it. I don't feel like I got as good of a workout as if I were on the treadmill for half an hour, but at the same time I was sweating and working more parts of my body (I think) than regularly. idk... it was weird if you ask me.

Tonight we had an 'Animal Party' in the Union from 9-midnight. People actually got pretty creative with their animal costumes considering nobody actually packed anything for an animal costume party. The person who got picked having the best costume was labeled the #1 party animal. I can't say that I dressed up as much of anything though... It was fun. There was pub night from 9-11 so nobody really showed up in the union until 11 but at that time it was one heck of a dance party

No comments: