Monday, January 28, 2008

Puerto Rico Day 3 - Final day

Day 5: Jan 28, 18:43 (4:43cst)

So this is going to be quick because I’m writing it live from the Sharaton in San Juan. We search the city for free internet and go pretty much wherever it is. Our ship is leaving at 21:00 tonight but we need to be there by at least 20:00. So today we woke up, then just went right to the beach. It was great. Warm water, and there was a half circle of rocks protecting the beach from the big waves that were in the area. This created something like a big wave pool. After that we went back to the boat for lunch and found out where to find a cock fight, which is where we just came from. Pretty intense. However, I’m not all about animal cruelty and would most likely never got back again. I’ve got a some pictures and a full video of one of the fights. It was pretty interesting. Posting over 100 pictures to flickr right now. I haven’t even had time to sort through and delete the bad ones so my apologies for those repeats and/or bad ones.
Most likely won’t have any internet access for at least a few days while we get to Salvador, Brazil. It’s an 8 day trip then we’re there for 5 days I believe. Pretty excited because the first day and a half is all Carnival – the biggest festival in Brazil lasting for like a week or something. And the last few days are the best from what I heard.
This trip is already so awesome :) and San Juan wasn’t even one of the places I was looking to go.
Anyways, hope all is well. You’ll most likely get a plethora of posts in a week or so.
Oh, almost forgot. I had some free time today and took a bunch more pictures of the ship for you all. As long as I have enough time to get them all uploaded.

No comments: