Puerto Rico Day 2 (Day 5) 16:30, 2:30 cst
So one thing that’s really weird is how I got really use to the ship’s constant movement by the day we docked in Puerto Rico. Now, when I’m on land or on the ship (which doesn’t move at all when in port) I feel like the ground is moving like we’re still on the ocean. It’s really weird and kind of throws you off at times. Not sure if that will stick with us throughout the trip or not.
So we just got done scuba diving. It was two dives, one was at a place called Sandslide which was 35 minutes long and a max depth of 65 ft. I’ve never gone below about 30 before that but everything went fine. (with your scuba certification you can go down to 100ft). Saw lots of coral reef’s and a few fish swimming around in them. After the first dive, we drove over to a place called Sebastioan. The dive lasted 35 minutes again and had a max depth of 35ft. This dive ended up being a little more interesting than the first one. There was a huge coral reef on both sides of us. So we followed one down until we had to turn around. Saw a little more tropical fish than the first time, but the coolest thing was that we saw a HUGE lobster under one of the reefs. This thing was so big. And would have been so tasty. The dive shop (divepuertorico.com) picked us up and dropped us off for free, which was really nice since the harbor was about an hour from our ship in San Juan. The parking lot of the harbor was pretty interesting – filled with Mercedes, BMW, Porche and Lexus vehicles.
In comparison, the Bahamas dive was 50 minutes at a max depth of about 25ft. The marine life was drastically bigger, a lot more bright, tropical fish and water the clearest that I’ve seen it. So Nassau has that on them so far… but that’s about it.
One of the master divers that were with us actually used to live in South Africa so she gave us a bunch of tips for shark diving around there and where to eat, ect. She also said that Mauritius has some of the most beautiful scuba diving. Super clear water and lots of marine life.
Just about to take a nap before I go get something to eat then figure out what to do tonight and tomorrow. Probably end up going to a bar tonight with a bunch of people but jet skiing fell though. Apparently they’re banned in all of San Juan… but I know I’ve seen people out on them around the city. So possibly checking out a cock fight?
1 comment:
Great photography, Joe! What beautiful views. You've gotten some great shots to give the feel of where you are. I loved the sunset and sunrise shots too.
Take care of yourself,
Anitra
Post a Comment