So I arrived in the Bahamas yesterday around 2 and everything has been pretty amazing so far. There were probably about 15 people on my flight that are also doing SaS so I got a chance to meet and talk with all of them which was cool.
Then last night David and I went to Senior Frogs to meet up with some more SaS'ers. It was a good time. Liquor is cheap and beer is really expensive so it was an easy decision to pick what to drink.
We also got a chance to see the ship all lit up at night during our cab ride home. Oh and cab drivers, by the way, are crazy and would probably get their licesnse revoked if they ever tried driving in the US.
Today I was able to go to the bank and get 100 US $1 bills (with no surcharge, surprisingly). American currency and the Bahamas currency are used interchangeably. So it's not uncommon to get change in two different currencies. I thought that was interesting. However, Subway and KFC is about $3 more for everything. oh well.
We also went scuba diving today, which was awesome. LOTS of tropical fish and coral to look at. The dive guides said it wasn't uncommon to see sharks in that area too.. Hammerhead and Tiger sharks - which would have been awesome, but we weren't lucky enough to see any. On the way back we had some dolphins swimming next to the boat though, so that was cool. The dive guides were all really high-energy and extremely nice.
We just got done eating at a place called the "Poop Deck" kind of expensive but really good, fresh fish.
Now we're just chilling before we head back to Senior Frogs for the night again. It'll be another early morning though, my board time is 8:20am.
oh, and btw, I'm not proofreading these posts or anyting. Just kind of spitting out everything that comes to mind then pressing the submit button so my apologies for any really random stuff that pops in
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow the "Poop Deck"! Sounds like they serve some scrumpscious foods there! :)
Joe, I'm glad to hear that your trip has started off so well!
Hi Joe,
This is a wonderful adventure and so fun for us to follow along with you. I will be checking in on you.
Sounds like you are having no problems having fun! I look forward to reading more! Love you bro!
100 $1 bills Joe? I thought your dad talked to you about those things... ;)
Post a Comment