So I know i haven't wrote about Costa Rica yet (which was awesome) but I wanted to let you all know that the MV Explorer (our ship) will be passing through the Panama Canal tomorrow (Tuesday, May 6th, 2008). We will be going through at 7:40am and will be leaving around 6:40pm. There are web cams setup online to allow people to watch ships pass though. I haven’t checked out the website but they tell us that you just go to this url:
http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html
Then look for where we are. Below are the times they’ve given us for when we’re going through each part of the canal. All times are Central
Mira Flores locks: Arriving 0740 Departing 0850
Pedro Miguel: Arriving 1000, Departing 1040
Passing Gamboa 1330 (1:30pm)
Gatun locks: Arriving 1450 (2:50pm), Departing 1710 (5:10pm)ETD
Cristobal 1840 (6:40pm)
Just thought that some of you might be interested in watching us pass though :) I look forward to seeing you all soon!
1 comment:
It was cool to see your boat, Joe!
Post a Comment