Tuesday, March 19th, 2008
Tonight was our crew’s talent show which was interesting to say the least. The ship’s crew gets together every voyage to put on a talent show to raise money so they can enjoy some of the same accommodations that we do, like a weight room and lounge area in their living area. So really, it was a fund raiser. There have been so many fundraisers lately on the ship though, it’s kind of ridiculous. There was one for Mr. SAS, basically a Ms. America type thing for guys on the ship. There is currently an ongoing one for the “Manly month of March” where guy’s don’t shave for the entire month of March and try to raise money doing it. The person who doesn’t shave for the entire month and raises the most money gets 30 free internet minutes added to their account. There was one for getting your name in a raffle to steer the ship for 10 minutes. There’s an ongoing one to be “The Voice” that does the announcements on the ship for one day. There are continuous auctions for artwork and other various things like sports tickets back home that people are selling. The proceeds go to various things such as Habitat for Humanity projects, hunger projects, ect. So all of them are for good causes, but I’m not exactly rolling in money right now. There are plenty of kids on this ship who are though, so hopefully they will pick up some of the poor people’s slack here.
It’s crazy that we have our pre-ports already. We always had to wait a week or more for our next pre-port, but now it’s only a day! This is all good since they decided to talk about India AGAIN in Global Studies and not mention anything about Malaysia. That class is something else…
There WAS a rumor (there’s a lot of rumors on this ship) that we were going to speed up to full throttle tomorrow because there are pirates in the area. Pirates do exist in this part of the ocean, but we never sped up, so another rumor dead.
The NCAA tournament brackets came out today. Having filled out a bracket every year for as long as I can remember, I had to fill one out. However, trying to fill out bracket after not being able to watch a single game for the last 2 months or even following news on NCAA basketball (except for the Gophers, who I will follow religiously) is not an easy task! Once I was done with my bracket I felt stupid once I looked at it because I ended up picking the top seed more than not. Oh well, I’ll just have to make up for it next year :)
Well, this nice and quick ride to Malaysia is almost over, which is awesome. I already like the short trip between ports!
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment