Friday, January 25, 2008

ship life

Day 1: Jan 23 11pm (10pm CST)
Well we’re all aboard the ship now and so far so good. We left the Bahamas at 5pm tonight. Getting on the boat was one long process. First, we got up at 8am then it took about 2~2.5 hours of waiting in lines to actually get checked through customs and into my room. I’m on the 4th deck, room 4032. Roommate’s name is Mark from Connecticut and so far he’s a really cool guy. Lots in common ect. David’s on the 3rd deck, pretty much right below me. So after check-in the day just pretty much consisted of exploring the ship (it’s NOT a boat) and meeting people. I met A LOT of people, few of which I’ll remember their name right away though. Everyone’s really nice and open however it’ll be nice to get to know people better so we don’t have to start the conversation with what their name is and what school their from and so on.
The ship’s rocking is definitely something that takes getting used to, more than I was initially expecting. Walking feels/goes pretty much the same as trying to walk when you’re drunk. And the whole motion sickness thing hasn’t been too bad yet. Someone down my hall puked on the floor – gross. I’m still feeling a little nauseous/bothered by it but hopefully it’ll only get better from here. We’ll see how the sleep goes.
Tomorrow is full of orientation and related stuff (yawn) but hopefully it’ll be a good chance to get to know people better and get more acquainted with life on the ship. Haven’t taken any pictures yet.. maybe I’ll start tomorrow. But only 2 more days until Puerto Rico!

No comments: